Camp Meade- Scouts BSA - Summer Programs
Scouts BSA Summer Camp
NEW FOR SCOUTS BSA CAMP MEADE:
- Special Life to Eagle Week!
- Appalachian Trail Trek Options for youth/Troops
- Enhanced Provisional programs
- Willits Dining Hall and Kitchen renovated!
- 3 New Pathfinder Pavilions
- Movie Nights are coming!
- Enhanced Patrol/Troop competitions
- More open programming opportunities
- WEEK #1: June 20 to June 26
- WEEK #2: June 27 to July 3
- WEEK #3: July 4 to July 10
- WEEK #4: July 11 to July 17
- WEEK #5: July 18 to July 24
- WEEK #6: July 25 to July 31
- Early Bird Fee (paid in full by May 15, 2021): Youth $395 and Adult $150
- Regular Fee (paid after May 15, 2021): Youth $425 and Adult $165
- $50 per participant due by March 1, 2021
- $100 per participant due by April 1, 2021
- Site reservation is $100
- If your troop was attending HMSR in 2020 and rolled over their $100 site deposit, you will earn a $20 discount per youth member if paid by May 15, 2021!
SPECIAL PROGRAMS AT HMSR INFORMATION SESSION:
We are an information session via Zoom for you to learn more about the Special Programs at HMSR.
- Wednesday, 3/4/2021 @ 7:00 PM – Register using the form below
Weekend Camping at HMSR (Scouts BSA)
- Rifle Range
- Archery Range
Register through Tentaroo by clicking the link! When making your site reservation you will be able to sign up for your activities.
Cub Scouts-Camp DuPortail- Summer Program
Cub Scout Summer Camp
Join us for Cubs in Space……
- Look for busing for Day Camp!
- New Webelos Program
- STEM-focused Programs
- Star Lab Program
- Cub Trading Post is back!
- Keep your eyes open for weekend Resident Camp Opportunities!
- June 21— 25—Day Camp Week 1
- June 28— July 2—Day Camp Week 2
- July 5— 9—Day Camp Week 3
- July 11—14—Resident Camp Session 1
- July 14—17—Resident Camp Session 2
- July 18—21—Webelos Resident Session 1
- July 21—24—Webelos Resident Session 2
- Early Bird Fee (paid in full by June 1, 2021)
- Day Camp Fees—Youth $150 & Adult $25 *
- Resident/Webelos– Youth $190 & Adult $50*
- Regular Fee (paid after June 1, 2021)
- Day Camp—Youth $170 & Adult $30*
- Resident/Webelos—Youth $210 & Adult $60*
- 1 free leader with every Den at Day Camp *
- 2 free leaders with every Pack for Cub/Webelos Resident Camp*
We are offering several different Zoom Opportunities for you to join us and learn more about the summer programs.
- No additional sessions scheduled at this time.
If you have any questions please contact us using the form below.
Year-Round Camp Reservations Open!
We are currently taking reservations for summer and fall camping at HMSR which will be opening to unit camping and activities on July 10, 2020.
A full list of available facilities, the capacities and the cost are outlined in our Year-Round Camping Guidebook.
Also included in the Guidebook are the other program choices available, i.e. boating and shooting sports (rifle and archery).
All registrations are made through the Tentaroo system. When making your reservations you need to book your site first and then complete a second registration for your program choices.
- Who may use these facilities?
- Scouts BSA Troops
- Webelos Dens
- Cub Scout Packs
- Non-Scout Groups*
Hawk Mountain Reservation has Camp Masters on duty weekends throughout the year and they are able to assist with check-in and check-out procedures.
The Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation offers fall, winter, and spring outdoor facilities to Scouting and Non-Scout Groups.
You can tent camp year-round or you may want to use one of our many lodges. A full list of our facilities, the capacities, and the cost is outlined in our Year-Round Camping Guidebook
Year Round Camping Guidebook – Information on facilities and HMSR Schedules.
*Non-Scouting use of the facility requires a certificate of insurance and a hold harmless agreement.
All forms can be used by Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, and Venturing Units.
Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions:
HMSR FAQ 5 4 2020
Unit Registration Summer Camp Forms:2021-Campership-Request-Form.pdf
Unit Required Summer Camp Forms:
HMSR Unit Roster Form
Scout Required Summer Camp Forms:
Appendix G - BSA Annual Health and Medical with HMSR Forms
HMSR Dietary Needs Form
Appendix_J_Hawk_Mountain_Council_National_and_Local_Policies_REV_11.pdf Appendix_I_Camp_Leadership_-__Youth_Protection_Begins_with_You1.pdf Appendix_G_BSA_Annual_Health_and_Medical_with_HMSR_Forms1.pdf
HMSR Leadership Team
Meet our 2021 Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation Leadership Team!
Camp DuPortail Director- Julie Henrich
Camp Meade Director- Richard Howett
Camp Meade Program Director- Madison Francis
Council Program Director- Michele Bement
Reservation Ranger- Kevin Huneke
Summer Job Opportunities
SUMMER CAMP STAFF – COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Are you tired of doing the same old thing every summer? Did you know that the Hawk Mountain Council operates two Scout camps at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation including Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, and high adventure programs?
Each of these offers opportunities for a variety of summer camp staff jobs. Most Scout camp counselors are at least 16 years of age, but the Scouts BSA and Cub Scout camps have a limited number of jobs for 15-year-olds with previous Senior Leadership Program (counselor in training program) experience.
The Hawk Mountain Council, BSA is an equal opportunity employer that hires females and males, as well as people of all ages and ethnic groups, diverse cultures and mixed abilities. No previous Scouting experience is necessary.
IMPORTANT DATES: Check back for 2021 Staff Dates
Training Session 1: TBD
Training Session 2: TBD
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS:
All Employees must have the following clearances:
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History – https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse Clearance – https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
FBI Fingerprint Based Criminal History Clearance – www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania – and then follow the steps below.
i) Click on “Digital Fingerprinting.” On the next screen, enter the Service Code, which is: 1KG6ZJ.
ii) Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment.
iii) Click on Locate an Enrollment Center first to find the location, for providing your fingerprints, which is closest to you, then go back to the Schedule an Appointment option. The company is continuing to add new fingerprinting locations.
iv) Follow the prompts for completing the required information and printing the registration form to take to the fingerprinting location.