Steps to Submitting Your Background Checks and Waivers:
- Complete your background checks
- Submit your certifications using one of the following methods
- Preferred Method: If you are a Currently Registered Adult Volunteer updating a clearance, please use our new Clearance Management Portal to upload directly to your profile at https://hmcbsa.act15pa.com or by clicking on the Submit Now button below. Directions for Accessing the PA Clearance Portal.
- Mail a copy of the certifications to Hawk Mountain Council, Background Checks, 5027 Pottsville Pike, Reading PA 19605.
- Bring a copy of the certificates to the Council Service Center. We will be glad to make copies and return your original documents.
- Email a scan or a picture of the documents to [email protected].
IMPORTANT: If you are Registering For The First Time with the Hawk Mountain Council, all clearances and documents will need to be mailed, brought to the Council Service Center, or emailed to [email protected].
- A staff member will review your documents within three business days. You will receive an email message from the Council Service Center letting you know the clearances were updated or if additional information is needed.
- Once you receive your certifications for the background checks, please be sure to make several copies of each. Background Checks are good for five years, and other youth-serving organizations you are affiliated with may need them.
- Hold onto the originals and make additional copies as needed. Pennsylvania waives the fee for the background checks once every 57 months. If you lose the copies before then, you will need to pay to receive a new set.
- Determine who else needs a copy. As per the PA State law, Hawk Mountain Council is required to have a copy on file. Your chartering organization or your unit may also require you to provide them with a copy. Your unit leadership can assist you with this.
- Hawk Mountain Council will provide periodic updates to units on Background Check statuses. A unit may also establish policies or procedures for unit volunteers to submit clearances.