Adopt A Campsite Program
Thank you for your support of the Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation (HMSR). We are looking for ways to make our camp more welcoming for the people who use our facility. We need volunteers who want to help our camp grow into the kind of camp that we all want it to be. We are asking for units who want to make our camp a place of fellowship and respite, a place that can help grow and nurture your unit to be the best it can be as well as a place you can enjoy.
What can you do to help create that place here at HMSR? To allow your own personal touch and still maintain a standard level of quality, we are asking that you work with the Camp Ranger before beginning a project to make sure this aligns with the vision of HMSR.
As part of our Boy Scouts of America National Camp Accreditation Program (NCAP) inspections, we look at our sites and list items that need to be fixed, improved, or replaced. Below are some of the things we look for:
- Grounds free of trash.
- Conservation projects in or around the campsite.
- Prepare a campfire circle.
- Trail maintenance and brush control.
- Level tent platforms to make sure they are safe and comfortable.
- A flagpole and bulletin board.
- A pavilion free of leaves and debris.
- A latrine that is clean and swept.
- Paint the pavilion and latrine as needed.
- Build and repair picnic tables and log seating by the campfire.
- Report to the Ranger or Campmaster any aspects of the site that need additional attention and care.
This is just the beginning of a list that ends only with your creativity. To allow your own personal touches and still maintain a standard level of quality, we ask that you please work with the Camp Ranger who will seek approval from the Camp Committee as well as Property and Maintenance Committee before a project may begin.
Thank you for considering this adoption!
Please review the information in this guidebook and when you are ready to adopt, simply follow the directions in the section labeled…How does it work?