Family Friends of Scouting is an opportunity for families, friends, and alumni to support Scouting. When a member joins, the $66 registration fee goes directly to the national office of the Boy Scouts of America. If a Scout unit collects dues, that money stays with the unit to help pay for supplies, advancements, and other activities. None of that money supports the Hawk Mountain Council.
Family Friends of Scouting supports:
- Recruitment and training of youth and leaders – think NYLT.
- Assistance to those in need.
- Maintenance and improvements to Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation.
- Communication tools for volunteer leaders and famines.
- Activities and awards.
- Two Scout Service Centers and Scout Shops.
- Keeping the cost of attending events affordable.
How much should I give?
Gifts to the Friends of Scouting Campaign vary from $10 to $25,000. Gifts can be made as one-time payments or monthly and quarterly contributions.
Many corporations match employee contributions made to the Boy Scouts. Some companies even make financial contributions for volunteering time to Scouting. Check with your company’s human resources office for more information.
Each year, the council offers special patches as a recognition for donors at certain levels.
Thanks for all you do for Scouting!