Staff Training Date Calendar**:
- Saturday, November 23, 2019 – Staff Interviews – Daniel Boone Homestead
- Friday, January 3, 2020 – Parent meeting – Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- January 3-5, 2020 – Development weekend 1 – Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- February 7-9, 2020 – Development weekend 2 – Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- March 20-22, 2020 – Development weekend 3 – Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- Beginning May 31 – Video teleconference once per week until the course.
- July 23-25, 2020 – Pre-course – camp setup – Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- July 26-31, 2020 – NYLT course dates – Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
**Staff must attend all of the above dates in order to qualify for staff unless agreed upon by the course director.
All new staff members are required to attend the Trainer’s Edge. This will take place in May, date to be announced.
You will need personal time to develop presentations and work on the skills you will be instructing. Staff will need to collaborate with one another throughout the time in between development weekends and the course. They will also need to be able to meet with an assigned mentor for their presentations, at an agreed time between you and the mentor.
As required by the NYLT National BSA syllabus, staff members are expected to pay for their direct costs. For HMC 2020 NYLT, the staff cost will be $100.00. Additional items may need to be purchased to complete tasks and activities. These expenses are the responsibility of the staff member and may not be reimbursed from the course. These could include, but not limited to, limited printing, office supplies, and/or costumes.
It is important that you share any challenges with the above information on the application so that it can be reviewed at your interview.
- Download and print the 2020 NYLT Youth Staff Application or 2020 NYLT Adult Staff Application
- We will only accept applications by mail. Please print and neatly complete the application. Please do not email the application.
- Applicants will be asked to present for 5 minutes during their interview. More information will be given once the application
Completed applications need to be sent to:
Hawk Mountain Council, BSA
Attn: Kelly Dolnack – NYLT Staff
5027 Pottsville Pike
Reading, PA 19605-1284
The deadline to apply is Friday, November 15.
For additional information or questions –