Our Annual Recharter Cycle opened January 1, 2023 and below we have important resources for all of our units in support of the recharter process. Any blue or purple words that you see are active links.
Continuing in 2023
- Online Recharter System
- Digital upload for youth and adult applications
- Digital upload for Criminal Background Check Authorization
- Digital upload for PA required background checks
- No physical copy of the charter to turn in
- Units will need to upload a Unit Recharter PA Required Background Check Affirmation Statement.
- Charter Codes are no longer needed.
- Recharter must be completed by a Unit Key 3 member or a Unit Key 3 Delegate (with My.Scouting.org access).
NEW in 2023
- Council Service Fee replaces the Insurance Fee
- The $15 insurance fee has increased to $55/youth and $30/adult
Units will no longer receive an access code. Units can directly access the system through Internet Advancement.
Recharter Website Unit Key 3 members (Committee Chair, Chartered Organization Representative, and Key Leader) will automatically have access to the recharter system. If someone outside of the Unit Key 3 will be completing the recharter process, then the unit will need to assign them as a Unit Key 3 Delegate.
Tutorial – With a brand new system there have been a number of resources produced to help you navigate this process. Here are links to those resources.
- National Guide for Internet Recharter
- National Explainer Video on Internet Recharter
- National Webinar on Internet Recharter
Additional Training Resources:
Recharter Turn In Process – The New Recharter Process DOES NOT require the unit to turn in a paper copy of the charter. There will not be a recharter turn-in day. We ask that all charters be complete and submitted online ON or BEFORE March 3. Volunteers and staff will review all recharter packets between March 3 – March 17. Units will receive notification within a week of being submitted as to whether their recharter has all of the necessary documents needed to post. Units needing corrections will have until March 27th to resolve any of these items.
If you have any questions about the turn-in process please contact your District Executive, Field Director, or Registrar.
Recharter Packet – The items listed below are supplied to each unit. Additional copies may be downloaded here, and they can be shared with unit personnel working on the recharter.
- Unit Recharter Booklet 2023 – Step-by-step instructions
- Leader Roster with PA Background Check dates, YPT dates, and training validation information (contact your District Executive if you need another copy)
- 2022 Journey to Excellence Scorecard – Scorecards can be uploaded with your charter or turned into the council service center.
Websites & Support
- Recharter Website – This is the link for Internet Advancement, which is where the RECHARTER PROCESSOR WILL LOG IN.
- Youth Protection – This website has a Q&A about Youth Protection Training and links to the online course.
- Scouting Tools (my.Scouting.org) – This site allows units to view and update training records. Note: BSA My.Scouting login required; this is separate from the recharter processing system.
- Instructions for downloading unit Youth Protection Training and Position-Specific Training and for updating training (only available to registered Unit Key 3 members.
- Printing BSA Membership Cards instructions.
- Printing Charter certificate instructions.
- Fees Calculator – this is an interactive Excel spreadsheet to assist in calculating unit fees. When your charter renewal is reviewed by a staff member, they will also use this spreadsheet. Clicking the link will automatically download the spreadsheet. Check your downloads folder if you do not see it appear. Spreadsheets include both a fillable version and the printable version that is in your recharter packet.