- This event has passed.
Wood Badge Weekend 1
April 22 @ 8:00 AM - April 24 @ 5:00 PM
Wood Badge is the Boy Scouts of America’s ultimate leadership training designed to meet the advanced leadership needs of Scouters in all aspects of the BSA, whether unit, district, or council level – from assistant den leaders to Scoutmasters, from Cubmasters to Venturing Advisors, from committee members to commissioners. It is a fun, energetic, and inspiring course guaranteed to infuse your unit with fun and meaning – all designed to fulfill the mission of the BSA and ensure our youth are getting everything they are promised from the program.
Wood Badge consists of two parts:
- The course begins with five full days of group training held over two weekends
- The first weekend is Friday through Sunday, April 22-24, 2022, and will be held at Camp Ware, Horseshoe Scout Reservation.
- The second is Saturday and Sunday, May 21-22, 2022, and will be held at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation.
- The second part of the course requires participants to apply the skills they learned by completing a five-part plan (called a “ticket”) over the following 18 months, leading towards the individual participant’s vision of a better Scouting future.
Requirements for attending Wood Badge:
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America and age 18 or older.
- Have completed the basic position-specific training courses for their Scouting role.
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record. Parts A, B, and C are required which includes a physical. Part C is required for everyone, including people who are not present for more than 72 hours.