- This event has passed.
Salesmanship Merit Badge
August 17, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMFree
Join us for a fun morning learning about & practicing techniques needed to be successful at sales.
5. Do One of the following and keep a record (cost sheet):
- Help your unit raise funds through sales of merchandise or of tickets to a Scout event.
- Sell your services such as lawn raking or mowing, pet watching, dog walking, snow shoveling, and car washing to your neighbors. Follow up after the service has been completed and determine the customer’s satisfaction.
- Earn money through retail selling.
Please bring your record (cost sheet) and a short paragraph summarizing what you did for this requirement.
7. Investigate career opportunities in sales, then do the following:
- Prepare a short written statement of your qualifications and experience for a sales position. Include relevant classes you have taken in school and merit badges you have earned.
- Be prepared to discuss what education, experience, or training you should obtain to be well qualified to serve in a sales position.
This merit badge will be structured to assist Scouts who are participating in the 2019 Product Sale, but any interested Scouts are welcome to attend. Please wear your Field (Class A) uniform. Sign up here: https://hawkmountain.tentaroo.com/event/4192/15850/2019-Salesmanship-Merit-Badge