- This event has passed.
Chain Saw Training
April 29 @ 6:00 PM - April 30 @ 5:00 PM$20
Course Description: This 12-hour class will help you “Be Prepared” to safely use a chain saw by teaching you to complete proper maintenance, use personal protective equipment, and use the correct techniques which are all critical components of safe chain saw operation. Council properties and Troop service opportunities rely on chain saws to help clear trails, remove deadfalls clear timber, and stockpile wood for campfires and heating buildings. At the end of this course, you should be able to use a chain saw in low, basic, & complex situations.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have an up-to-date Annual Health and Medical Record Form Part A & B.
- Be in good physical and mental condition.
- Have proper PPE (hard hat, eye/face protection, hearing protection, leg chaps, steel toe/cut resistant boots, leather gloves).
- Be present for the entire course.
The cost of the course includes lodging, Friday night cracker barrel, Saturday breakfast and lunch, and all course handouts.