Thank you to those that joined us on April 20th to learn about upcoming events and resources to help you have a successful and safe Scouting year! You can watch the recording on YouTube or with the embedded video below. If you watch it on YouTube, there are timestamps in the description to skip around to your desired sections!
- FREE National Brand Center Resources
- FREE Hawk Mountain Council Recruiting Resources
- Fall Cub Adventure Day
- Advancement News and Updates
- Training News and Updates
- Hawk Mtn. Scout Reservation updates
- Social Media and how it can be used to help your Unit
- Safety Moment
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Moment
- Fall Product Sale (popcorn and nuts)
- Summer Camp updates for Scouts BSA (Camp Meade) and Cub Scouts (Camp DuPortail)
- 2023 Cub Scout Summer Passport – complete it and receive a patch! Printed booklets will be available at the event and at the Council office. For large amounts (30+), please contact Cole at the office with 48 hours notice!
- Upcoming events and opportunities
- Check back regularly for updates!
Video for the 2023 Program Launch will appear here in the next few days – check back soon!
For a copy of the slide deck shown, click HERE
If you would like to check out the Fall 2022 Recruiting PowerPoint click the link below
Watch the 2022 Membership Kickoff Video
As part of the Hawk Mountain Council Annual Program Launch, we have compiled a list of resources that can assist your unit as you plan your upcoming Scouting year. Most of these resources are located on the Scouting.org website to provide the latest information.
Please visit the tabs below that will help you have a successful and safe Scouting year.
Cub Scout Summer Passport
The Cub Scout Summer Passport is a way to keep Cub Scouts and their families engaged throughout the summer. Within the passport, Cub Scouts and their families be given opportunities to explore four different themes. Each theme is meant to give Cub Scouts a better understanding of themselves and their local surroundings. We have worked hard to develop a program that is as engaging as it is fun!
Cub Scouts are encouraged to complete as many activities as they can to receive a FREE patch after the summer. Although we encourage Cub Scouts to do as many of the activities as they can, like the Cub Scout motto says: “Do Your Best!”
The program runs from June 1st to August 31st. If you would like physical copies, they are available at the Council office. If you would like a large quantity (30+), please contact Cole Mitchell at the Council office to make sure we have enough copies available.
Click HERE to download a copy with the pages in order
Click HERE to download a copy that makes a booklet when printed double sided
Peer Cards, Posters, & More!
Click the links below to download a selection of landscape or portrait orientation cards. To have cards made, fill out and “print to PDF” using the steps below:
- Fill out selected cards
- Select the “Print” option in the menu
- Set the page range for the specific cards you filled out
- Select “Microsoft Print to PDF” from the list of installed printers
- Click the “Print” button. You’ll then be asked to provide a name and location for your new PDF file
- Attach it to an email to your District Executive and we’ll get them printed for you! If you have any trouble, we can help!
Landscape Orientation Peer Cards All Themes
Portrait Orientation Peer Cards All Themes
Landscape Orientation “Adventure On!” Theme Peer Cards (click links below)
“AdventureOn!” Hiking Theme
“AdventureOn!” Uniform Theme
“AdventureOn!” Selfie Theme
“AdventureOn!” Pinewood Derby
Registration, Applications & More
Journey to Excellence
Click the link below and then select your program for the 2022 Journey to Excellence Unit Score Card. Cards should be reviewed early in 2022 and submitted to the District Key 3 or Council Office in December 2022.
Budgeting & Planning Resouces
Below are links to budgeting and planning tools for your unit.
Pack Unit Budgeting & Planning
Troop Unit Budgeting & Planning
Troop Annual Planning Conference
Crew Unit Budgeting & Planning
Here are some online help options for ScoutBook
Den Leader Experience FAQ – Video
Membership & Recruiting Resources
Scouting Wire Articles & Resources. A one stop shop for creating PROMOTIONAL Materials.
Facebook – Geofencing to reach more families
Facebook – How to use Geofencing to recruit
Other Helpful Links
Here are some additional resources to check out.
Council Event Registration System (BlackPug)