Dear Scout Leaders, Parents, and Supporters,
Summer is just about over, and school is back in session! What does that mean for Scouting? Joining Nights for Cub Scout Packs are starting now and new families (boys and girls) will be able to join our great program. Click here to find a pack near you!
This year we have a new theme to encourage new Cub Scout Families to try Scouting – Slime Me In! That’s right, every Cub Scout that joins a pack this fall will get a container of light-up slime. This theme is in line with our focus on STEM at all levels of Scouting.
What can you do to promote Scouting in your neighborhood?
1. Invite a friend of your son or daughter to join your pack.
2. Post your Pack’s recruitment night on your social media account.
3. Put a recruitment sign in your front yard or business.
4. Let people know they can find a pack or troop at www.BeAScout.org.
5. Share positive stories about Scouting with family, friends, and co-workers.
Also, Hawk Mountain Council has a great first event for all Cub Scout Families. Attend our annual Cub Adventure Weekends at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation on October 19 or October 26. Camping is available each weekend and this year’s theme is Everyday Heroes! LeeAnne Granus and her team are planning an amazing program that will excite all of our Scouts.
Lastly, thank you to all the unit leaders who make Scouting possible in our communities. Without our 2,000+ leaders, we could not run the amazing programs that I know are happening every day!
Hope to see you on the trail!
Yours in Scouting,